Dental implants are medical devices that are surgically implanted into the jaw to restore the lost tooth. It helps to restore the person’s ability to chew and also improves their appearance. It provides artificial teeth, crowns, bridges, or dentures which act like teeth.
If you have a lost tooth due to any injury or disease, you can go for dental implants in Palm Harbor. There are various cosmetic dentistry in Palm Harbor where you can find dental implant services. However, if you have doubts about whether dental implants will be effective for you or not, then this article will help you solve your doubts.
Why do Doctors recommend a Dental Implant?
If a person has lost the tooth due to any reason of injury or disease, a person can face complications such as rapid bone loss, defective speech, discomfort, and changes in the chewing pattern. In this case, replacing the lost tooth with a dental implant will improve the person’s quality of health and life.
What are the Recommendations for Dental Implants?
If you are going for dental implants, then there are certain recommendations by dentists that you have to consider.
- Your overall health becomes an important factor to see whether you are eligible for dental implants or not.
- Smoking affects the healing process of dental implants, and therefore, doctors recommend that you should avoid smoking during the dental implant procedure and even after this.
- You have to carefully follow all the oral hygiene recommendations by the doctor. It is because the healing process takes time, and therefore, you have to maintain your oral hygiene.
- It would help if you also made regular visits to the doctors for checkups.
- If you feel any uneasiness, pain, or a loose implant, you should consult your doctor.
What are the Benefits and Risks of Dental Implants?
Every procedure has its benefits and risks; therefore, you should understand whether it is suitable for you or not, as per your health condition. Some of the important benefits of dental implants are as follows:
- Restores ability to chew
- Helps to keep adjacent teeth stable
- Restores the cosmetic appearance
- Preserves the surrounding teeth
- It helps to keep the jawbone intact and saves from shrinking
Some of the important risks that you should consider while going for dental implants are as follows:
- Damage to the surrounding teeth while implanting.
- Injury during surgery
- Inadequate function, such as feeling while biting
- Implant body failure
- Untreated periodontal disease
- Post-surgical numbness